What Are the Most Popular Table Games?
Casino table games enjoy special status at land-based casinos and online casinos alike. These enticing attractions include the likes of Baccarat, Blackjack, Roulette, Cyber Stud Poker and Punto Banco. Popularity is a subjective term, given that Asian players have a preference for games like Baccarat and Mini Baccarat, and European players have a preference for games like European Roulette and French Roulette.
In the US and Canada, casino card games like Blackjack – Las Vegas Strip Blackjack, Classic Blackjack, and Atlantic City Blackjack – have a huge following. Poker and its many variants – Texas Holdem Poker, Omaha Hi-Lo, and Cyberstud Poker have seen their popularity levels ballooning in recent years, thanks largely to the explosive growth of the World Series of Poker (WSOP), World Poker Tour (WPT) and the European Poker Tour (EPT). Here at Spinit online casino, you can enjoy popular games like Ultimate Texas Hold’em in a real money mode, direct off your browser.
Which Casino Table Games Have the Lowest House Edge?
A house edge is a statistical measure that determines how favourable a game is to the casino, a.k.a. the house. The bigger the number, the less favourable the game is to the player. Games that have a statistically low house edge include games where skill and strategy can assist the players. Believe it or not, the casino games with the lowest house edge include the following:
- Blackjack – no game beats Blackjack in terms of strategy-based play. Blackjack, notably Classic Blackjack played with a single deck of cards offers players the best chance of beating the house. It is common for skilled players to consistently walk away winners in games of Blackjack. With perfect playing strategy, the house edge can be reduced to 0.5%, or 1.5%. There are many effective techniques that players can use to boost their winning chances in blackjack, notably card counting strategies, blackjack strategy charts, bankroll management and the like.
- Pai Gow Poker – this casino table game is a popular choice in China, as it blends poker and dominoes in a fabulous ensemble. Players have double the opportunity to win, with 7 cards and 2 winning hands. The house edge in Pai Gow Poker can start as low as 2.5%.
- European Roulette and French Roulette – while these are separate games, they are both single zero Roulette variants. This automatically makes them the best option for players in terms of house edge. European Roulette features a 0 and Numbers 1-36. The house edge on this game is 2.70%. French Roulette also features a 0 and Numbers 1-36, however there are specific rules (la partage and en prison) where players wager even money bets and the ball lands on 0 – they only lose 50% of their bet. With French Roulette, the house edge can go as low as 1.35%.
- Backgammon – the house edge in this game ranges from 4.82% on the low end to 6.39%. The most favourable player bets in backgammon include out bets and jump bets.
- Caribbean Stud Poker – this casino table game has a house edge as low as 5%. The game features an additional bet known as the jackpot bet which offers players an opportunity to win a handsome payday when they land a Royal Flush.
- Three Card Poker Games - this poker variant has a relatively low house edge of just 1.5%. As its name suggests, just 3 cards are dealt and players must form the strongest possible hand when competing against the dealer. The game is played fast and furious, and with the right bankroll management and temperament, you can certainly improve your winning chances and reduce the house edge even further. The dealer qualifies with a King, and the highest returns are paid out for that hand. It is recommended that players initiate play with a Queen high card.
- Baccarat and Mini Baccarat – this classic casino card game is the most popular attraction at Las Vegas casinos and it draws the biggest bettors from China, Hong Kong, Singapore and beyond. The house edge on Baccarat starts from as little as 1.5%, and there are 3 types of bets available to players: Banker Bets, Player Bets and Tie Bets. If you’re looking to reduce the house edge, avoid Tie bets and Banker bets since there are unfavourable odds associated with them.
- Video Poker Games – these games are as varied as the day is long. There are hundreds of options with video poker, and the house edge ranges from as low as 0.5% all the way up to 5%. Video poker variants include Jacks or Better, Aces & Faces, Deuces and Jokers, Tens or Better, Double Double Bonus Poker, Jackpot Aces and the like. Spinit features an impressive variety of video poker games, including Bonus Poker Deluxe, Jacks or Better Power Poker, Deuces and Joker Power Poker, Aces and Faces Power Poker and Double Joker Power Poker among others.
- Craps – craps is arguably the most exciting and profitable game at land-based casinos. It’s one of those games that has not really made the transition to online casinos as effectively as all the others. The electricity of a live craps session at a traditional casino is unmistakable. Crowds can get three or four players deep around the table especially when a craps shooter is on a hot streak. With craps, the house edge ranges from as low as 1.4% to 5%. The lowest house edge is found on bets known as Don’t Come and Don’t Pass. Craps may seem like a complicated game to play, owing to the rules and bet selections, but once you roll your golden arm, it is the most electrifying of all the casino table games.
Is There a Best Strategy for Playing Casino Table Games?
With so many casino table games available to players nowadays, this begs the question: Is there a blanket strategy that can be applied to all these games? The answer to this question is yes, there is! For starters, table games are different to slots, scratchcards and Keno. Games like Roulette (European Roulette, French Roulette and American Roulette) are steeped in history and players have developed a long-standing affinity with their particular Roulette variants.
When playing these games, there are definite bankroll management techniques that can be employed to extend your playing sessions, maximise your bankroll and enhance your winning chances. With any casino table game, the strategy you adopt determines the game outcomes. For example, European and French Roulette offer a better advantage to the player than American Roulette. Over the long-term, you can expect to lose just R2.70 for every R100 wagered with European and French Roulette, compared to R5.26 for every R100 wagered on American Roulette.
Bankroll management is the bedrock of all effective casino table game strategies. Without a firm grasp of money management, it is impossible to allocate optimal resources to table games. Casino games strategists advise players to allocate a fixed budget to each gaming session, and not to deviate from that budget, regardless. The best strategy is one which removes emotion from the equation and relies solely on logical decision-making processes during your gaming sessions. Never chase your losses with casino table games – that’s a no-no. Each game offers players a unique challenge, whether it be forming the strongest-value hand, placing chips on the right selections of numbers and combinations, or correctly calling bets at a craps table.
In all cases, it’s important that players understand the game rules. Baccarat is unique in this regard in that each bet option offers a different RTP (return to player). Unlike Blackjack, you can never go bust in Baccarat since any value greater than 9 automatically has the tens digit removed. For example, if you’re dealt 3 cards in Baccarat such as 2+3+6, your hand total is 1. In Blackjack any total greater than 21 automatically loses. According to legendary casino strategist, Edward Thorpe, card counting is highly ineffective in games of Baccarat. Compared to Blackjack, a Baccarat player is 9 times less effective than a card counter in Blackjack. He postulated his theories in his book: The Mathematics of Gambling.
Are Online Table Games Better than Land-Based Table Games?
When it comes to evaluating online table games versus land-based table games, there are a few factors to bear in mind. For starters, online casino games offer greater comfort, cost effectiveness and convenience to players. Since you don’t need to get dressed up, commute or fight your way through crowds – there are many inherent benefits to playing online table games. The variety of table games at Spinit includes the following:
- Roulette – Roulette Master, European Roulette, French Roulette, English Roulette, American Roulette, European Roulette Gold, Premier Roulette Diamond Edition, Premier Roulette, Roulette Pro (low limit), Roulette Pro, and French Roulette (low limit).
- Blackjack – Blackjack (Low Limit), Traditional Blackjack, Double Exposure Blackjack (High Limit), Double Exposure Blackjack, Double Exposure Blackjack (Low Limit), Single Deck Blackjack (Low Limit), Single Deck Blackjack, Single Deck Blackjack (High Limit), Pontoon High Limit, Pontoon, Pontoon Low Limit, Atlantic City Blackjack Gold, Classic Blackjack Gold, Hi-Lo 13 European Blackjack Gold, Vegas Single Deck Blackjack Gold, Vegas Strip Blackjack Gold, High Limit European Blackjack, European Blackjack Gold, Blackjack Multi Hand, Vegas Strip Blackjack, Beat Me, and European Blackjack Redeal Gold.
- Baccarat – Mini Baccarat, High Limit Baccarat, Standard Baccarat, Baccarat Gold, Punto Banco™, Punto Banco Low Limit™, Punto Banco High Limit™, Baccarat High Limit, Baccarat Low Limit, and traditional Baccarat.
- Poker Games – Oasis Poker, Oasis Poker Low Limit, Oasis Poker High Limit, Red Dog Progressive, Casino Holdem, Texas Holdem High Limit, Texas Holdem, Texas Holdem Low Limit Triple Pocket Holdem Poker, Casino Holdem, Poker Pursuit, Casino Stud Poker, Pai Gow Poker and Cyber Stud Poker.
When you play table games, you get to pick from a huge variety of attractions. At a traditional casino, you would be required to make your way through throngs of players in search of a table offering you minimum and maximum betting limits that you are comfortable with. Another important point to bear in mind when choosing between land-based casino table games and online casino table games is payout percentage. Typically, you can find details of RTP data on the specific game in question, or by asking the dealer.
Land-based casinos offer lower RTPs overall since their overhead costs are so much greater than online casinos. This is yet another reason why a solid understanding of rules and return to player percentages is so important. For example, how many decks of cards are used in a game of blackjack? Does the dealer draw to 16 and stand on all 17? Does Blackjack pay out 6:5, or 3:2? These are important questions that need to be answered before you register, deposit and wager on a casino table game.
Which Are the Best Online Table Games for New Players?
As a new online casino player, or a casual player, it’s always good to look for online table games with the lowest house edge. You can play table games that you understand much more effectively than those you don’t. A quick search of low limit table games will reveal a list of options best suited to your playing style as a casual player. The aforementioned selection of games at Spinit is a good place to start. Low Limit Roulette, Blackjack, Poker, Baccarat and other variants are readily available.
By limiting yourself to low stakes play, you are also allowing your bankroll to stretch much farther. This is a great way to enhance your gaming sessions. Another viable option is to make use of bonuses and promotional offers to increase your bankroll. By using casino money, you’re stretching your available budget and playing your preferred online table games that much longer.
Are Live Casino Table Games Better than Land-Based Casino Table Games?
Live casino table games are the latest addition to the online gaming arena. They allow players to enjoy the self-same Vegas-style attractions, from the comforts of home or on the go. Live casino games include variants of Blackjack, Baccarat, Roulette, Caribbean Stud Poker, and Casino Holdem. The games are identical to what you would enjoy at a Las Vegas casino, with top-tier audio-visual streaming technology.
HD-quality games, close-ups and one-on-one communication with authentic dealers is the order of the day. In that sense, there is no difference between the two. However, live casino table games offer the added benefit of being able to play on your mobile (iOS or Android), PC or Mac. Players can pick their preferred online casino games, minimum/maximum wagers, find a dealer, and play to their heart’s content. Many casino players enjoy the unique appeal of both forms of table gaming, however live casino is far more accessible and convenient to players.
Who Regulates Online Table Games?
The online casino industry is a burgeoning enterprise which is expanding into new markets all the time. The most prominent regulatory authorities for online casinos include the Government of Gibraltar, The United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC), the Government of Curaçao, the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), and Antigua & Barbuda. Provided that your chosen online casino is fully licensed and regulated by one of these authorities, you can rest assured that the online table games are safe to play. Credibility is an integral component of online casino entertainment, especially when players are exchanging personal and banking information over the Internet. Payouts are another important issue, and licensing ensures that players have recourse in the event of non-payment from an online casino, or a live casino when they play table games.
How Do Random Number Generators (RNGs) Affect Online Table Games?
When Internet casinos burst onto the scene in the 1990s, players were rightfully skeptical about them. The question that players asked most was the following: How do I know that the online casino will fairly deal cards, spin the roulette wheel or generate a fair outcome for me? The answer to all questions rests with the vaunted RNG. Otherwise known as a random number generator, this computer program randomizes all gaming outcomes to ensure that the results are as close to a random outcome as possible.
In other words, the RNG mimics a shoe in a blackjack card shuffling device, or a random spin of the roulette wheel at a traditional casino. It is important to note that casinos do not have any influence over the preprogrammed outcomes of RNGs. They are independently certified by eCOGRA Safe & Fair and there are certificates verifying the payout percentages of specific casino games and game categories. These RNGs are highly complex mathematical computation devices that can generate split-second random outcomes based on the number of decks in play, cards on the table, up cards, hole cards etcetera. This gives players peace of mind when they play table games online.